- The tuner is simpler, requiring manual tuning using rotary presets, and has 8 channels rather than 12. The channel indicator consists of LEDs over the channel button, rather than a numeric display;
- The timer only allows a single recording event, within 7 days;
- No triple-speed playback, slow-motion, end-of-tape alarm or APS search system -- though it does have audio dub;
- The remote was an optional extra, and was connected by wire not infra-red;
- The Betastack tape changer could not be used.
- The pictures for still frame and picture search are black and white, not colour. There is also a switch which selects between a picture or a black screen for Pause; it's hard to see what use this was!